Thursday, February 24, 2005

Still Are Not Up and Running

From Anonymous:

I would like to add my name to the petition to remove the director. It is clear that his actions are detrimental to the lab. As an employee in DX, I would state that we still are not up and running. As the director stated, Feb. 1 would be a day just like before the shutdown. Well it is not that way in DX. Maybe March 1 will be, but I doubt it. Even when we are running, it will not be like before. The new rules are there to prohibit useful work from being done. The only happy people I see are those who are on little power trips or the ES&H folks. I see no reason for any of this. I don't know how much longer I will be able to stay around.
Gloom, despair and agony on me.

Can you write down what the reason is behind this? What does management wait for? Who should approve DX division to be "ready"? Why has that not happened yet?
I did not leave the original comment, but let me point out the main reason most of DX has not restarted. DX was sentenced to level 3 (high risk) FOR EVERY OPERATION REGARDLESS OF RISK. This was simply a punishment. It was appealed and rejected. In addition, it was clear in the all hands meetings that the Director was intent on making DX a scape goat for every laboratory ill. This made it open season for the entrenched bureacracy in DX. This continues. Being "approved for restart" and actually returning to productive work are very different.
We as B Divison were labeled as level 3 (high risk), even though, we do not have any CREMS and the danger of our work is far below the risk of other Divisions. To this day, I have not heard any clear explanation why we were put in this category.
I understandd that a DX group has a shot in March but can't do it if they were shutdown. Instead, they have been "suspended", and the
path up from suspension is much different than from being shutdown. Can anyone comment on this?
DX-3 has a hydro test to do. They finally have an exemption to do the work. They will not be "approved to restart" until sometime after the hydro is done, not likely by the March deadline BTW.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?